Have Lots of Debt?
Want Your Home Mortgage Modified?
Confused about What it Takes to Get a Mortgage Modification?
Need to Know if You will Qualify?
Already Applied for a Mortgage Modification and Can't Believe What has been happening?
Robert Rodgers, Ph.D.
State of Washington
If you are facing foreclosure, you are certainly in a tight spot. I recommend an overhaul of your financial situation that makes it possible for you to keep your home while making money.†Fight off debt collectors, credit card companies and in just about any situation, Get Paid too! Click on the link below to learn more.
Keep My Home While Getting Paid
It also helps immensely to know precisely what to expect and exactly what you are up against when applying for a home mortgage modification. I know what it takes to succeed. I experienced first hand the process from start to finish as a home owner who applied for a modification to his home mortgage.I am also a foreclosure mediator today, so I have a birds eye perspective on how the process really works in practice.
The good news is that I did succeed in cutting the interest rate on my home mortgage in half. The bad news is that this success came at a heavy price of stress, anxiety, worry and day to day attention over a 14 month period. I wrote How to Get a Mortgage Modification in These Crazy Times to share with others like you what I learned about the process.
If you apply for a modification without knowing what you are in for, you are in for a rude shock to your nervous system. Be prepared to be stressed and traumatized. I was. I have key suggestions and insights that will speed up the time it will take to get a decision, reduce your worry and ease your anxiety.
Order the Download to Your Computer by Clicking on the House
$22.00 Order the Paperback Book by Clicking on the Image Below of My Son Jonathan
I also know a great deal about the process as a foreclosure mediator. As a foreclosure mediator† I have had the fascinating opportunity to have conversations with managers in positions to decide whether a home owner gets a mortgage or not. I really do have the inside scoop for you on what it takes to succeed. I offer in my new book all the information you need to figure out for yourself whether you have little chance to succeed and if it is even worth applying in the first place.
I have mediated cases where the home owner succeeded and many cases where the home owner failed to get their home mortgage modified. As such, I have a good sense of why some people succeed while others fail. As you probably guessed already, the information you read on foreclosures in the press and media is a far cry from what is really happening today.
Please do not think for a minute that I knew what I was doing when I applied for a modification to
my own home mortgage. At the outset of the process, I thought it all looked to straightforward and simple. I expected to have the deal closed out in a month. The truth is that I did not have a clue what I was up against.
Miracle of all miracles, I did succeed in getting a modification at very favorable terms after 14 months of worry, frustration and confusion.
I decided I also now needed to help others who confront the same challenge. If I knew then what I know today, I could have cut the 14 months it took me to get a† modification of my home mortgage in half. I only wish I had this book to read before I became so intimately involved in the process of applying for a mortgage modification.
- I never succeeded in getting answers to any of my questions.
- I never talked with a manager from my mortgage servicer.
- I never talked with a person who had the authority to modify our mortgage.
Order the Download to Your Computer by Clicking on the House
$22† Order the Paperback Book by Clicking on the Image Below of My Son Jonathan
Will this book help you? Do the following circumstances describe you?
- You love your home and do not want to sell it.
- You do not want to lose your home to a foreclosure.
- You have decided to apply for a modification to your home mortgage.
- You have heard horror stories of other people who have applied for modifications and been rejected.
- You want to know what exactly what you need to† do to improve your chances of getting a home mortgage modification.
How to Get a Mortgage Modification will be an invaluable resource for you.
It gives the step by step formula for success.
Let me say at the outset that the process applying for a home mortgage modification is no easy task.It is not a friendly exchange between you, the home owner and your mortgage servicer. It is an entirely unpleasant process which leaves everyone who has experienced the process mentally exhausted and physical depleted.
The conversation with my own mortgage servicer entailed the same ritual. With each contact ..
I got slammed with an aggressive demand for payment.
I was interrogated with the same list of questions
I learned that correspondence I sent was lost, misplaced or misunderstood.
I was questioned about my true intentions.
I received the treatment of a fourth class citizen (or worse).
I sensed a total lack of empathy for my situation.
I become thoroughly discouraged, frustrated and depressed.
Now, this does not sound like an uplifting experience, eh? It is not. If you have already applied for a modification, my description above will sound very familiar.
I wrote How to Get a Mortgage Modification in These Crazy Times to help you succeed in getting a modification without experiencing the frustration and anxiety it created for me.
I cut to the chase and address the fundamental issues when it comes to getting your mortgage modified:
As a foreclosure mediator for the state of Washington I facilitate discussions between home owners seeking a modification to their home mortgage and managers from their mortgage servicing company who have the authority to decide whether a modification is offered. I have the responsibility of declaring whether either party to the negotiations acted in good faith.
Needless to say, I have seen and heard a lot over the past several years. I have a good sense of how the process really works and what you can realistically expect from your mortgage servicer. The way most people think the process works is a far cry from how it really works in practice.
If you act on my suggestions, I predict you will be very pleased with the final outcome. Knowing the truth about how the process really works will also reduce your frustrations when everything seems to be going wrong. What is happening to you happens to everyone! The goal here is to achieve a final outcome that will be right in every respect for you and your family.
Take my suggestions seriously and you should also be able to reduce the time it will take to get a favorable decision. Knowing exactly how the process works and understanding the factors that play a role in the final decision to modify or not modify a loan places you in an very advantageous position. It puts you in the driver's seat.
You can determine for yourself whether you qualify for a modification. If you do not qualify for a modification I provide an explanation of the other options you can consider - some good and some not so good.
- What you can expect from your mortgage servicer?
- What will determine whether you succeed of fail?
- What steps you can take to improve your chances of success?
- What realistically speaking is the outcome you can expect if you succeed?
How Do You Get the Download After You Order?
Immediately after your order is processed you will receive an email that provides the link to the download of my 125 page book titled How to Get a Mortgage Modification in these Crazy Times. My new book was released August, 2013.
The download is a PDF file so it can be read on any computer. You may want to download (for free) the most recent Adobe Reader so that it will be easy to read the book. Click on any of the questions in the Table of Contents and you will immediately skip down to the answer.
Questions that are Answered in the Book
- Should I Apply for a Modification Before I am No Longer Able to Make My Mortgage Payment?
- What Do I Need to Show to Get a Modification to My Loan?
- What are the Two Most Important Considerations for Whether I Will Succeed in Getting My Mortgage Modified to a Lower Payment?
- I am Currently Unemployed and Have No Prospects of a Job. What are My Chances of Getting My Home Loan Modified?
- I am Divorced, but My Wife is Still Listed on the Mortgage Note. Is a Modification Possible?
- What Hit on My Credit Rating Will I Take For Not Making My Mortgage Payments?
- What Documentation Will I Be Required to Produce?
- How Much Income Must I Show to Qualify for a Modification?
- Can I Protect my Savings, IRA and Health Savings Accounts?
- What are My Chances for Getting My Mortgage Loan Modified If I Currently Have No Income as I Just Lost My Job, but am Certain I Will Land Gainful Employment Soon?
- I Just Landed A Good Job. Why was My Application for a Modification to My Mortgage Denied?
- What Mortgage Payment Can I Quality For?
- What are Guidelines for Reporting Expenses?
- What are the Most Common Reasons for Requesting a Modification?
- Who Are the Players When It Comes to Getting My Mortgage Modified?
- How Can I Determine Who Services My Home Mortgage and Who Owns My Mortgage Note?
- My Mortgage Servicer Tells Me that the Owner of My Note is Different from What I see on my Original Mortgage Note.† Can This Be True?
- Can I Determine who Owns My Mortgage Note By Searching Deeds of Trust Filed with My County Courthouse?
- What is MERS?
- I Do Not Suspect that My Mortgage Servicing Company Has the Original Loan Documents.† Why Canít I just Demand that They Produce the Original Documents? When They Canít Produce the Original Documents (as I Suspect) Doesnít My Loan Also Vanish and I Get My Home for Free?
- Should I Hire Someone Else to Handle My Application for a Mortgage Loan Application?
- How Can I Avoid Being Scammed?
- Why Did We Get a Foreclosure Notice when Our Mortgage Servicer was Still Evaluating Our Application for a Modification?
- Why Do I have So Much Difficulty Dealing with My Mortgage Servicer?
- What Happens When I Contact My Mortgage Servicer About Applying for a Home Mortgage Modification?
- What Can I Expect when Calling My Mortgage Servicer?
- Why Canít I Email the Documents to My Mortgage Servicer? It Would Be So Much Easier.
- What Can I Do to Hurry Up the Review Process and Get a Decision More Quickly as We have been Hassling with Our Mortgage Servicer Now for Over a Year?
- How Exactly Can My Mortgage Be Modified to Reduce My Monthly Payments?
- Am I Eligible to Apply for a Federal Making Home Affordable Modification?
- Will I Qualify for a Modification to My Home Loan that is Underwritten by the Federal HAMP Program?
- Is Equity Advantageous or Disadvantageous When It Comes to Getting My Home Loan Modified?
- What is the Principal Behind a Net Present Value Analysis?
- How Do I Determine the Current Market Value of My Home?
- How Do I Dispute a Market Analysis of My Home that Has Disqualified Me from Getting a Modification?
- What are Important Considerations when Doing My Own Net Present Value Analysis?
- What is a Discount Rate?
- How Can I Calculate the Net Present Value (NPV)
- How Can I Find Out My Credit Score for Free?
- After Entering All My Information into a Net Present Value Analysis - I Failed. What Can I Do Now?
- Will it Really Help Me Obtain a Modification to My Home Mortgage If Go to All the Trouble of Doing My Own Net Present Value Analysis?
- I Know Precisely the Mortgage Payment I Can Handle for the Next Several Years. Once I Dig Myself Out of the Mess I am In Right Now, I will be Able to Pay the Original Amount. Should I Ask My Mortgage Servicer to Consider a Two Year (or Short Term) Modification? I Know Now I Will Only Need to Pay the Reduced Amount for a Couple of Years.
- How Will I Hear About the Outcome of My Application?
- Will My Mortgage Servicer Give me a Reason for a Denial?
- How Can I Dispute Penalties or Late Fees Charged by My Mortgage Servicer?
- My Mortgage Servicer Says that Extending the Term of My Loan from 30 to 40 Years is Not an Option. Are They Bluffing?
- What Are My Options If My Income Does Not Justify a Modified Loan?
- I am Currently Unemployed. Is There any Hope for Me? What Programs Exist for People Who Want to Remain in Their Homes?
- How Do I Find Out If Freddie Mac Owns My Loan?
- I was offered a Temporary Modification but was only One (1) Day Late Making the Second Payment. We were Serviced a Foreclosure Notice Today. Can the Bank Foreclosure Now When They have Already Agreed to a Modification?
- The Bank Has Offered a Modification but the Rate is Still Too Much for My Pocketbook. They Say that They Cannot Offer me a HAMP (the federal program which would make the payment more affordable) because I Have Been Delinquent in Making Payments for More than One Year.
Should I just Give Up Now?
- What is a Three Month Temporary Loan Modification? I Asked for a Permanent Modification to my Mortgage Loan.
- Is the Deal Done When I Get a Written Offer of a Modification?
- I was told by a Clerk about the Terms of a Temporary Modification but Cannot Tell if this is a Genuine Offer. The Offer Seemed Very Unprofessional to Me.
- What Can I Realistically Expect If a Modification is Offered? How Much Lower Can I Expect My Payment to Be?
- Arenít the Mortgage Companies the Bad Guys Here?
- What if I also have a Second Mortgage or Line of Credit on the Property?
- How Do I Find a Housing Counselor?
- Are the Laws Governing Modifications to Mortgages Really That Complicated?
- My Mortgage Servicing Company Refuses to Offer a Modification to My Loan that I am Fully Qualified to Receive (by My Own Calculation) Under the Net Present Value Test. What Can I Do?
- What is the Process of Foreclosure Process?
- What is the difference between Judicial Versus Non-Judicial Foreclosures
- What are Other Options I Can Consider to Avoid Foreclosure?
Order the Download to Your Computer by Clicking on the House
Order the Paperback Book by Clicking on the Image Below of My Son Jonathan
ClickBank is the retailer of this product. CLICKBANKģ is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank's role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of this product or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of this product.
Robert Rodgers, Ph.D,
P.S.: You will be delighted to discover the many thousands of dollars you will save by investing the $22.00 for my new book. It is a one of a kind that tells the true story about what it takes to succeed.